A few years back my Mom and Dad starting having a "dessert night" at Christmas for us siblings. I'm pretty sure It started because our normal family gathering had gotten (wonderfully) overrun with all of our kids! So, we have our family get-together on boxing day, and an adult night with delightful meats and cheeses, desserts and games on another night. Tonight is that night!
So, I thought I would post about a yumm-diddly pie that is not the least bit "festive", but it is sure to become a favorite!
I have made a few different types of s'more pie, but this one is nice and simple, and turns out great every time. I use chocolate bars in the bottom chocolate layer to add some extra flavour, and to add some different texture too. I used Mr. Big today (because our local bulk store had them), but Kit Kat, Oh Henry, and Snickers bars are really good in here too.
Let me tell you about this crust. It's no ordinary graham crust of butter and graham crumbs. No, no, no....the crust is like a crisp outside, soft inside homemade graham cookie. It is dee-lightful!
S'More Chocolate Bar Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 9″ pie pan with baking spray or butter.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and graham crumbs together, set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together until combined, then add egg and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients.
4. Divide the dough in half. Press half the dough in the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie pan.
5. Evenly spread the Marshmallow Creme over the bottom crust.
6. Spread chopped chocolate bars (or chocolate chips if that's what you're using) over the mallow creme.
7. Sprinkle 1 cup of marshmallows on top of all that.
8. Using the rest of the crust mixture, take small amounts and squish it a bit, and pat it down over the pie. It's ok. to have some gaps.
9. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
10. Bake 20 minutes until lightly browned.
Once cooked, let cool completely before cutting into it. You need the mallow fluff to set a bit.
So, looks good, eh? It is! I hope you get a chance to whip this up for something you're going to, or just because you want to make it and try it!
Have a great weekend!
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?