Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
As far as easy recipe go-this one is way up there on the list! It's some really simple ingredients that *most* people have on had at all times, and can be baked up and cooling on your counter in 30 minutes (ish - haha! The exact time depends on how organized your baking supplies are and how efficiently you can pull them together!). But still, they're easy going cookie bars!
It's all the goodness of gooey, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, but without the scooping! I found this recipe at Jamie Cooks it Up, and give it two whole-hearted thumbs up! :)
I usually like to post a "Motivational Monday" & "Health & Fitness" post on Mondays.....and this is neither of those things! But, I decided that although I want to give readers something predictable, most readers who I hear from don't give a rip! :) So, it helps me prepare and be organized if I have a certain "thing" I will post about on a certain day, but sometimes, I just gotta post what I feel like!
And this recipe is so simple to throw together for when last minute guests are coming over, or to make and tuck into an airtight container and put into the freezer for quick lunch treats, or after school snacks, well, I just needed to share it!
Hope ya'll are ok with that!:)
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and prepare a 9x13 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper, leaving overhang "handles" for later, and lightly greasing with butter or oil where the parchment doesn't cover the pan
2. Into into a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk to combine
3. Now add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix it up until it's all wet
4. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well
5. Add chocolate chips, and stir to combine
6. Evenly press the dough into the prepared pan
7. Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted into the centre of the golden topped squares produces only melted chocolate and no wet dough
8. Lift the bars from the pan using your parchment "handles", and place onto a cutting board, and give them time to cool completely
9. Once cooled, cut into bars, squares, or triangles! And eat some, of course!
See, so simple, right?
Today was a suddenly wintry day (a no school, snow day included!), and we went from wearing t-shirts and no coats outside on Friday, to coats, hats, scarves, and mitts today!
Oh Canada!!! :)
We enjoyed it though with equal parts laziness (watching "Shrek The Musical" on Netflix), and playing outside.
I hope you had a lovely day, whatever you were up to!
If you've stopped by, please feel free to leave a comment! I'd love to know you were here, and to see how your day went!
Leave a Reply.
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?