Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
I know I used to post a motivational Monday and Health & Fitness post on Monday's, but I'm breaking the rules! I just want to share some recipes I have, and that's all there is to it!
This recipe is so simple, it's basically oatmeal chocolate chips cookies, minus all the scooping it takes to make cookies! :) And, this makes a great dessert to throw together when guests are coming over last-minute. It's got some pretty simple ingredients (ingredients most people have on hand), and comes together quickly! The hardest part is letting them cool before cutting them into squares.
These little gems are also a nice treat to add to kids lunches, fyi. They freeze well, so, cut them into squares, put them into an airtight container, stick 'em in the freezer, and pull them out to add to lunches as needed!
This recipe is from Jamie Cooks it Up. She has photos of the process, so hop on over there to see them if you want to!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9x13 pan with parchment paper, and a bit of cooking spray or butter where the parchment isn't covering. Leave a bit of overhang with the parchment to use as "handles" later
2. To a large bowl, place all the dry ingredients, and whisk to combine
5. Pour the melted butter into the dry mixture, and stir well until every is coated
6. Add the eggs and vanilla
7. Mix until the dough is thoroughly combined
8. Add the chocolate chips, and stir to combine
9. Now press your dough into the prepared pan
10. Bake for about 20 minutes. My oven is being a little fussy lately, so anywhere from 15-25 minutes may be the ticket for perfect, moist bars. At 15 minutes, use a toothpick or butter knife to check for doneness by sticking it right into the middle of the bars. If the top is golden, and all you have is melted chocolate (and no wet dough) on your toothpick or knife, then they're done!
11. Allow them to cool completely, and then lift the bars out of the pan using the parchment "handles". Place onto a cutting board, and divide into bars/squares!
12. Then eat them, obviously :)
So, today was a snow day! Busses cancelled! Snow everywhere! It's suddenly winter! And I do mean suddenly! On Friday I was working out in the yard wearing only joggy bottoms and a t-shirt. Today? Winter boots, warm coat, scarf, mittens and hat.
Oh Canada.... :)
I hope you get a chance to make these bars sometime soon! Let me know if you do, alrighty?
Leave a Reply.
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?