Monster cookies are not (despite what my Caleb thinks) for Cookie Monster only. They are, however, a wonderful peanut-butter, oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips and M&M's though. But I was looking at some mini chocolate bars we got during Halloween, and wanted them used up sooner than later, so I didn't wind up eating them all!
I used a Monster Cookie recipe I already had, only I used chopped up chocolate bars in with the M&M's and chocolate chips.
Monster Chocolate Bar Cookies
1 1/2 cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/2Cup butter, room temperature.
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 Cups of: chopped mini (or full sized) chocolate bars (make sure they are wheat free, unlike the Twix bar in the photo I took. I didn't use it), M&M's, and chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the oats and the baking soda. Set aside.
4 Using an electric mixer (or stand mixer), in a large bowl, cream the peanut butter and butter with the sugars.
5. Add the eggs and vanilla, then add the oats and baking soda.
6. Using a spoon, stir in the chopped chocolate bars, M&M's, and chocolate chips.
7. Using a scoop, or heaping tablespoons, drop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
8. Bake 10 minutes. Do not over-bake! The cookies will look underdone just out of the oven, but they continue to cook a little, and will be perfect!
9. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets until cookies are set, then put them onto a cooling rack. If you plan on storing these (they freeze really well!), be sure they are completely cool before packing them away.
These cookies are another example that A: gluten free does not necessarily mean more healthy, and B: gluten free does not have to be boring and yucky!!!
Give these a try to let me know what you think!
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?