(I want) S'more Macaroon Squares
These bars.....these bars!!! Gosh, they are so yummy, so easy, and gluten free! People who know me know that my favourite food group is s'mores, so new and interesting varieties of the campfire treat are always welcome in my house!
I promise that no-one will know (except you) that these are gluten free.
S'more Macaroon Squares
For the topping:
1.Preheat your oven to 325 degrees f, and line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment and lightly grease with cooking spray, or by using your fingers to spread some butter around. Give your parchment some extra "handles" on the sides so you can lift the squares out of the pan to cut and serve them later.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate, smaller bowl combine the egg white, the melted butter (or coconut oil), and vanilla. If using coconut oil, it may start to harden in this mix if your egg white is cold. No worries.
4. Mix wet ingredients into dry, and stir until it is well blended.
5. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking pan and bake for 23-25 minutes, until golden brown on edges.
6. Turn off your oven and remove the baking pan.
7. Now, evenly distribute the chocolate chips over the crust, top with marshmallows and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
8. Return the pan to the oven so the chocolate will melt, and the mallows get soft, about 10 minutes. Then, turn the oven to broil (on low) for 3 minutes, keep your eye on it now, you don't want the mallows to burn!
Once the mallows look perfectly toasty, remove the bars from the oven, and let cool completely.
Using your parchment overhang as handles, gently pull the squares out of the pan, and put onto a cutting board.
Slice using a hot knife and serve.
Try them and let me know what you think!
Sharon Vanden Enden
11/19/2013 10:59:09 pm
I HAVE tried these, and they are SO good it should be illegal!
11/20/2013 06:11:21 am
Yes, they should be illegal, but since they aren't, I shall eat a lot of them!! :)
11/21/2013 02:11:53 am
They are yummy! :) Try them out!
6/10/2014 12:51:32 pm
I LOVE them and everyone I have served them to loves them! I am not gluten free, but a friend is and I wanted her to be able to eat something at a recent workplace pot luck. These were a big hit with
6/10/2014 01:20:13 pm
I am so glad! Thanks for letting me know that they were a hit, I really appreciate it! And I love that you were able to make something for a gluten free friend, and to be able for others to see gluten free doesn't have to be gross! :)
Leave a Reply.
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?