Time to use up some rotten bananas!
These gluten free mini muffins (or you can make them full sized too) rise beautifully, taste great, and are easy to put together.
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2Cups all purpose gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1/2Cup packed brown sugar
2 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp Cinnamon (optional)
1/3Cup Butter or coconut oil, melted
1 large banana, mashed (roughly 1/2Cup)
1/2Cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease, or use muffin liners in muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon (if using).
3. In a smaller bowl mix the milk, melted butter, and mashed banana.
4. Add the wet to the dry, and mix just until moistened.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips
6. Scoop batter into mussing pan. I used my 2 tbsp scoop from The Pampered Chef to fill my mini muffin liners. If you're making regular sized muffins, fill 3/4of the way.
7. If making MINI sized: bake for 11-12 minutes
If making REGULAR sized: baked for 20-23 minutes.
Makes 24 mini, or 12 regular sized muffins.
I like to make these mini so I can send them with the kids to school, and it's not some jumbo muffin they are likely to not have time to finish, and will just waste. They freeze really well, so bake 'em, put them away in the freezer when cooled (in a airtight container), and take them out as needed!
Happy muffin making!
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?