My sister at The Good Kind of Crazy has a wonderful recipe for butterscotch buns, and I wanted to post it today. She is making them this morning as part of Christmas breakfast. Hazaa!
They aren't so much "bun" as I had thought they would be the first time I tried them. They are more of a sweet, butterscotch-y biscuit. But, I mean, still delicious though, obviously!
From The Good Kind of Crazy
For the buns:
1. Preheat oven to 425
2.Cream butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl
4. Cut butter or lard into cubes and put in flour mixture. Cut into flour mixture using a pastry cutter until crumbly. Make a well in the middle of the bowl.
5. Slowly add milk 1/4 cup at a time. You may not need to use all the milk, please don't add it all at once! You want just enough liquid to hold the dough together. Once combined, knead the dough in the bowl a few times to ensure it's fully mixed.
6. Move the dough to floured counter or cutting board and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness, roughly a 10X10 inch square. Spread butter and sugar mixture evenly on dough - spreading right out to the edges.
7. Tightly roll the dough into a log and slice into 1 inch pieces.
8. Place a few inches apart from each other on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
9.While buns are baking prepare a second cookie sheet with parchment paper. Once buns are done baking, place second tray over the first and flip them over on the clean tray.
10. Eat these warm or cool, they are super yummy!
I hope you have a Merry Christmas day!
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?