Good Monday morning to you! I hope your weekend was a good one. We drove home on Saturday night, and are getting back to "normal" (ish) slowly but surely.
Coming home after being away for a while makes me want comfort, and soup always does it. I've been making this soup for a few years (even made a big batch with a friend to put in the freezer for after she had her baby), and it always hits the spot.
Sausage, Kale, & Lentil Soup
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat, and cook (breaking up the big bits as it goes) until nicely coloured, about 5 minutes.
2. Add onion, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the drained lentils, can of tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Add thyme or rosemary (if using). Reduce to a simmer, and leave for as long as you need (I usually make the soup in the late afternoon, and leave it on a low simmer until I'm ready for dinner).
5. Once you are closer to dinner, turn the heat up slightly, and add the kale. Let this simmer rapidly for about 5 minutes (until kale wilts).
6. Turn heat off, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
I hope this hearty, comforting soup becomes a favourite in your house!
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?