This recipe is a bit odd, as people either love the idea, or hate the idea. But one thing is the same: once people taste it, they all really like it!
Mexican Cornbread Casserole
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside
2. On medium high heat, brown the onions (5 minutes) in 1 tbsp of butter, then add the ground beef & spices, and cook until browned and done.
3. While that is browning, mix together in a large bowl the corn meal, baking soda & salt. Then add the milk, can of creamed corn, eggs, & butter.
4. Pour half of the batter into the greased baking dish
5. Put meat into pan over batter
6. Cover meat with peppers and any other "topping" you want (beans, tomatoes-see note with ingredients)
7. Put the cheese on top of that
8. Pour remaining cornmeal mixture on top of the whole mess!
9. Bake for 45 minutes until it's golden all over, and you can smell it!
Let this cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving it. We like this with a big ol' salad on the side.
Have a great weekend!
Hi, I'm Amy-Lyn!
I am the lady behind this here blog! I live in the sticks with my animals, my super handsome husband, and my
3 amazing kids!
Here you'll find things from recipes (gluten-free, paleo, and strait up junk food!), DIY ideas, thoughts on raising a son with autism, and whatever else pops into my brain! : )
Read more about me by clicking here!
Want to Stay Connected?